Saturday, April 19, 2008

Favorite Wine Shop off Hawthorne


Pietro helped me with my purchases on Friday afternoon, and I left the shop with a backpack filled with two pinots and two tempting Sangioveses from his father's vineyard off Sonoma.

Pietro, the wine was so tempting that I cracked open the first and shared it with Jim and Dave over a Cowboy Pizza from Papa Murphy's. Great combo, we all agreed. The second will probably be my nightcap tonight, as I promised to give him some feedback and tasting notes.

The pinots are being saved for my birthday on Monday and deck party next Friday. I bought an Oregonian wine, Eyrie Vineyards by David Lett - can't wait to try these old vine drops - and another pinot from Marlborough, Oregon's cousin AVA on the other side of the hemisphere on the South Island of New Zealand. I've toured there, but this is a new label for me to try with maybe NZ lamb on the grille during the deck party. Hopefully we won't get weathered out like last Friday night.

PS The photo was taken when I was the age of the number of this row of pinot. I was dee-touring down-under then and my passion for pinot began at this Tasmanian vineyard.

No comments: